MEAN GIRLS WATERMELON MARGARITA COCKTAIL RECIPE
In honor of one of our favorite flicks, we're making Watermelon Margs! This Valentine's Day, grab your gal pals, watch Mean Girls and make a big ole batch of Watermelon Margaritas. Gretchen approved.
Happy Galentine's Day!
Image Source: Simply Organic
INGREDIENTS IN THE WATERMELON MARGARITA1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup water
3 strips orange zest
2 cups cubed seeded watermelon
3/4 cup white tequila
1/4 cup lime juice
salt or sugar for rimming glasses (optional)
1 lime, cut into wedges
2 cups crushed ice, or as needed
HOW TO MAKE THE WATERMELON MARGARITA
- Bring 1/2 cup sugar, water, and orange zest in a small saucepan to boil, stirring constantly. Simmer until sugar is dissolved, about 3 minutes. Remove simple syrup from heat and allow to cool completely.
- Place watermelon in a blender or food processor. Pulse until pureed.
- Stir watermelon puree into a large pitcher with simple syrup, tequila, and lime juice.
- Place a small amount of salt or sugar into a saucer. Rub edge of margarita glasses with a lime wedge to moisten. Lightly dip the rim of the glass into the saucer to rim the glass; tap off excess salt or sugar.
- Fill rimmed glasses with crushed ice; pour margarita mixture into glasses and garnish with lime wedges to serve.